Wednesday, March 09, 2005

 

Go Train

On Friday I almost missed the train. I had enough time but I the car was running out of gas. The stupid gas gauge is not accurate and when that low fuel light does actually come on, brother get your ass to a gas station. It usualyl comes on before it starts stalling out but it was cold ... and I wasnt getting anything out of it, started acting sluggish like it was gonna stall. So I stopped to get gas. But I didnt have much time so I got only $5. Then I boogied myself along the way down Fairview towards Appleby. Just as the light turns green at Appleby I see the train go by on the bridge. And I think "Fuck I need to be ON that train". So I floor it and get into the parking lot and I start going up to the front (and trust me theres only ever 1 or 2 spaces near the front tucked in between two asshole SUV's) ... but fuck, no spaces where I usually go, turn left down an aisle thinking no Train for me. Then bam, theres a spot, so I back in quick and get out the car. I'm not going to make it but lets try anyways. The train is now stopped, open the doors (yeah I got into the lot and parked pretty flippin quick). and so I start running to it. Have to go underground, forget about punching my fine-aviodance-system, er, proof-of-payment, run up the stairs and get there just in time for the doors to close. Thinking, come on! open it up! lemme on ... verbalize that too. No such luck, Then the train starts moving and so I stand on the metal grate by one of the doors. Then I jump off because as I also verbalized, 'this is a pretty stupid idea'. So thats it. I missed the train. BUT NO!!!!! The TRAIN STOPS! and The assistant conductor in the rear-most car says 'hey guy you can come on here' and opens the door for me. I say "Thanks Mister!" and get on. What a rush though, I totally knew I was going to miss it, decided to try anyways and made it. I know, the story of some jerk being late and almost missing the train. But this is my life and it was exciting at the time.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?