Wednesday, April 13, 2005

 

Saving the world

So capitalism has gone horribly wrong. With the fiat currencies all undermining themselves we're entering a phase of global market chaos. We need some solid stability and I've an idea that should go steps in that direction. Its just a way of people creating their own money within a trading network of trusted peers. Its fairly simple, maybe too simply but I want to take a crack at it. The basic unit of currency would be the human-hour, but will operate in a free market environment where people will set their own prices. One of the problems with hours currencies as I've seen them described is that in their systems an hour is an hour no matter what. So a broom pushing hour is valued the same as a fire fighting hour. I dont think so. In real life it doesnt work like that as I would value the firefighters services much more than the caretakers. Well, if I was on fire. haha. Also, childcare for 1 kid for an hour is worth less than me caring for 3 kids in that same hour. The market will determine the pricing. And since its based on the hour it can't be inflationary (or self devaluing which is the real truth).

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?