Sunday, May 15, 2005

 

TV Shows and BTEfnet

So everyone knows I download TV shows. Theres 2 big problems I have with TV in its regular form. 1) Appointments ... I'm not always around when my TV shows are. So I could set up a VCR but then I'd have to own a VCR. Or a DVR. Or a DVD recorder. I dont have that kind of cash.

2) Commercials. Even if I did have the equipment, I'd still have to waste time chopping out those annoying adverts that constantly interrupt the programming. I dont like the interruptions and the bombardment of poorly targeted commercial messages.

Downloaded TV shows can conveniently be downloaded whenever I feel like it, and the groups that release them kindly cut out the commercial interruptions. Can't beat that.

But, well the MPAA assholes think that its not ok to share recorded-commercial-removed TV shows and they're trying in vain to crack down on it. I found out after reading this, and of course after visiting my favorite TV episode download site btefnet.com only to find their website had been hijacked. Fortunately theres still IRC where you can find their releases (#bt on efnet, dont fuck with the ops). Then I found out that I could find everything I was looking for (2 recent eps of Daily Show, latest Apprentice and Survivor) all via isoHunt and so this assault by the MPAA didnt really seem to matter. It didnt make a difference at all. They have totally just made themselves look stupid, moreso. And encouraged me to keep up the copyfight. The future is ours.

Comments:

the #bt irc channel has just switched to private and have reactivated torrents via irc. You have to be invited by an existing member, though.

If I can prove who I am (or rather, that I'm not an MPAA turd), could anyone invite me? I miss my BT! :(

Quash
quashed@gmail.com
 
Eep. And I was just on there yesterday (or was it the day before?) -- without being invited. Looking now, the channel is invite only, as you say. Unfortunately, I dont know any of these people so I can't help getting into the channel. That sucks, but perhaps its only temporary while they figure things out.

Any luck finding your shows via isoHunt?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?