Thursday, November 03, 2005

 

Car shit

Bla so I drive a stupid car. Got to. I live in a suburb called Burlington. In case you arent familiar with the concept of suburbs basically they are really spread out and designed around the easy motoring automobile bullshit lifestyle.

I took my car off the road after being graciously let off by a police officer who had stopped me for my expired tag. I dont have insurance either. Thats what made him so gracious, he saved me $5000 and a car impoundment. I'd been driving for a couple years now without insurance without incident. But I know I'd been pushing my luck and this was a sign of it.

So I did what was prudent, and started the process of getting the car legitimo. That meant fairly major body work rust hole repairs, some very basic mechanical (a sticky parking brake and new wipers and headlamp lenses), a certification, insurance and a new tag. In that order. So far I've got the major body work done courtesy of a guy I just met who calls himself D Car Doctor. Lets just say he is a ninja of car body repair. Time will tell on the quality of the repairs but everything looked super nice. I hate dealing with shifty people and businesses, this guy was anything but. I found him by asking the bodyshop place around the corner to recommend someone who does the kind of work I needed. Damn, proves again that the best resource is people. So far I've had much better luck by asking people to recommend other poeple, or help me with my problem, than by just looking in the yellow pages or trying to find information in books.

People power is good, and my car is on the way to getting into compliance with the provincial regulatory regime (of bullshit). Also praise the might and power of liability insurance. Money money money money money money money dont you just LOVE FUCKING MONEY.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?