Sunday, December 25, 2005

 

Cogeco bandwidth police

So I had my Cogeco service suspended last night. Didnt find that out until I called tech support this morning to find out WTF was wrong with it. Merry effing Christmas, it was suspended for "excessive bandwidth use". ~30gb down, 80~gb up, which doesnt sound excessive to me. Well turns out their main beef is with the amount uploaded. So much for me trying to be a good seeder on my BT downloads, I'll have to make more of an effort to stop them at close to 1:1 ratio. If I show up on Cogeco's radar again I'll be facing a 72 hour suspension.

Fucking ISPs man. I guess I'm ahead of my time with the amount of data I want to just casually throw around. One day I'll have my dream wireless ultra-wideband high-speed symmetric take anywhere internet connection, and then I wont need Cogeco any more.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?