Friday, March 10, 2006

 

Up In Smoke Cafe and more Car Trouble

Two totally unrelated things but I dont want to make two separate posts right now!

So the Up in Smoke cannabis cafe in Hamilton had some cop troubles the other day. 3 people were arrested (or was it 4?) just for passing around a joint. The proprietor Chris Goodwin hasn't been released from jail yet at the time of this writing. Yesterday there was a sizable protest lead by hamilton region pot activists. I went down and brought some sign making materials and joined in for the hour or so I could stay away from work. Sucks that working for money gets in the way of things that actually matter. Ugh.

Also, later on in the day when I was picking up my daughter from daycare my exhaust system (ok the pipe that runs from the catalytic converter to the muffler) decided right then was a good time to start falling off the car hahahah. And I am soooo glad that it didnt choose to do so while I was on my way to or from Hamilton. If they can save the muffler (the connection to receive the pipe may be too rusted to save it) then it will probably cost me only $165 or so. Otherwise I'm probably looking around $250. Grumble. Oh well, first fix-er-up expense in a good while so I can't complain too much, and at least I was able to get it from dragging on the ground with a piece of old coat hanger (yes, hahaha) I had in the car so I could get home last night and then make my way over to the Stop-N-Go with it this morning.

The upside of all this is that my car was pretty much undrivable this morning until I got it to the shop meaning no morning daycare dropoff runaround by me. Yay.

Update: Yargh. They couldnt save the muffler it was too rusted. So total was CAD$255 and I have an all new post catalytic converter exhast system. Its shiny. Today.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?