Tuesday, April 18, 2006

 

Crazy Recluse Spends Obscene Amount of Cash.

Thats right I bought myself a laptop. Why would I do that? Do I _really need_ a laptop? No. I sure as hell don't. Do I even have a burning materialistic desire for such an item? Naa. It wasnt about that ... Theres been a few occasions where I've been in a situation where I just wished that I had one (for example, I'm in the car driving Harmony around at a time when I know she's gonna fall asleep for her nap -- well I'd like to just be able to stay in the car until she wakes up -- and with a laptop I could park in front of the building and reach my wifi) And enough of those always push me into the purchase. 9/10 times it ends up being a good thing not motivated by the novelty of new gear. Am really hoping thats the case this time since I laid down $919 (after soulsucking goverment taxation, it was only CAD$799.99 on sale (reg $999.99) at bestbuy).

So I've been spending some time setting it up, getting my programs installed, figuring out this wireless networking thing (which is really neato, and finally making some use of my WRT54GS).

Now that I have a new tool, maybe some super useful application for it that can contribute towards my livlihood (read: earn some fiat cash) will present itself.

I can tell you it will lighten the load in my bugout bag somewhat hahahah! And can run on DC hand crankeroni. I need to buy hand crankeroni. Oh no I've opened a can of worms.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?