Monday, May 29, 2006

 

Blacksmithing

Well I finally did it. I went and took that basic blacksmithing course I kept talking about doing. I will be writing up a full report and link to some pictures, but in the meantime suffice it to say that it was interesting and a lot of hard physical work. But the experience was well worth the CDN$475 federal cash fiat money handed over for it. I am confident that I now posess the basic skills to work steel into useful things. One thing that struck me was how artsy the other people who were taking the course tended to be. I am ... well, not artsy at all. I dont care so much what it looks like over whether it works. But of course I do take pride in something that both works and looks good ;)

I plan to write and post the detailed report over the next day or so. Some time in the future there will be additional photographs to add as well, when I can get them from the other students. For now I'll just be posting the pics that I got on my own camera.

Comments:

Wicked. Can't wait to see the photos!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?