Monday, September 04, 2006

 

Paintballin

My friend Mike was in town from Edmonton where he moved out to. Ken and Ryan and Mike and I got together last night to go paintballing and have a few drinks. Ken's house is in Guelph and "The Paintball Arena" is in Kitchener, the next town over. So a little bit of driving for me, no big deal. Well, ... usually. Anyhow we have a blast at paintball. I get butchered. I have about 8 or 9 nice welts ... feckin 4 of them in one 4x6inch area on my backside. Ouch. We played for about and hour and a half, reloaded ammo once courtesy of Mike and then when we were all out we called it quits and headed home.

And so we're driving along, puffing a little on the pipe, medical marijuana for the pain you know ;) and I'm driving and then we're stuck behind a cop. Yay. No big deal. I remark that it sucks being behind a cop, and its pointed out that its much better than being in front of one. Well ... haha .. what about being sandwiched? Turns out the vehicle behind me was also a cop, and thats not great with my expired '04 tags. Blah. So I'm stopped, pulled over and ... well, trying not to freak out as usual. Trying to remember all the stuff in that "BUSTED - The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters" film. I mean, I guess I'm getting used to police encounters. I've had enough of them that it's almost becoming routine. My heart is pumping at a more relaxed than usual for police encouters rate, just a little excited now. I just wish the state would get the fuck out of my life. Anyways, I _do_ give them reason to pull me over every time so I guess I can't complain -- I like to drive my car and so I should not give them excuses like expired tags, but I was doing so well at not getting pulled over for these really long stretches of time just by driving well. Anyways, suffice it to say this cop was questionably a nice cop. I say questionably because he at first said he pulled me over because my license plate was registered to a sunfire. I mean what the fuck. I've never had a sunfire. Fucking dyslexic cop maybe. Then he tried to say my insurance slip was expired. No it was not. Then he pointed out the epxired tag. Yay, you "GOT" me dude. Well, it was a $110 fine. So I saved money, like $80 I think by not doing it for a few years.

We get back to Ken's house, watch a little bit of Shatner getting roasted, then head to the bar for wings and a beer or two. Geoff met up with us at the bar, and we had a nice time, lots of laughs at my expense and all that, you know. ;) Leaving the bar to head back to Ken's house again, Geoff peels out of the parking lot, and I do my best to catch up to him. Well, that attracted the attention of another cop who just happened to be hanging out in the parking lot unbeknownst to me. Goddam it, I'm suddenly getting hassled again for the same stupid expired tag. Well, once this cop was satisfied that I'd already been fined once that same day for that same offence, he let me go about my stinkin business. Goddam it. And he forgot to give me back my insurance papers. Good thing I told him where I was going. Good thing I had to go out to the car to grab some herbs just as the cop was stopping by my parked car. He gave me my papers back, so I would regain my legitimate person status. Yay me.

I think I'm gonna go out on Tuesday and buy that sticker.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?