Thursday, October 19, 2006

 

The saga continues mothertrucker. Cogeco vs Bell -- the final Upload. The bytestream champion. The TCP ninja foo.

Yeah its definitely cogeco. Hands down, no doubt in my mind any more. Or something cogeco specific if cogeco isnt doing it maliciously, then its out of incompetence. I swear to God.

Today, I downloaded some torrents, tv shows like I usuaully do. Doing em in the morning now because of the suck-factor I've seen lately. Anyways, uploads are pathetic. Maybe I can upload at 20kbps if I'm lucky. And I'm just seeding at this point because the downloads have finished.

Hrmm ... I think I'll try sympatico DSL ... put an order in for the service the other day ... activate date is the 24th ... but I do happen to have this old speedstream 5260 DSL modem that Bell never asked for it back when I had DSL in TO a couple years ago ... plugged it into the phone jack -- lights came on green. thats a good thing ... got my pppoe info from their call center, entered it into the WRT .... activated the service .... loaded up Azureus again with all those seeding torrents that just couldnt upload on cogeco.

And .... I'm uploading at 71kbps constantly, and it took about 20 seconds from starting the torrents to jumping up to this upload speed. That is what _SHOULD_ happen. That is what DOES NOT happen on Cogeco for me.

So are COGECO going to recognize that THEY have a problem now? I doubt it. And in the end if they dont, I'll just have to cancel that broken internet service. But I'd really like to not. I think it might actually be cool to multi-home and double(ish) my bandwidth and have two broadband ISPs!

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?