Friday, February 16, 2007

 

Defensibility of a fortified city state

One might argue that the fortified city state was obsoleted with the invention of gunpowder. But I say nay, for if the projectile weapons cannot reach their targets, they are of little danger.

Enter the MTHEL - Mobile Tactical High Energy Laser. It keeps a laser painted on incoming targets and destroys them. Just what I've been looking for.

I suspect I'll be building my own, using the vast resources (*cough*) of the Global Mayhem Institute, and having proof of concept is lovely. With it we can take down incoming artillery shells, mortar shells, ballistic missiles, aircraft, ground based vehicles, and more.

The next biggest threat will be nano-weapons. We'll need countermeasures for those as well. Something to think about.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?