Friday, July 06, 2007

 

Cdn dollar up vs US

First of all, yes, I am a bad blogger. I dont post often enough, with links often enough. I can't really offer a good excuse .... off the top of my head, just been busy thinking about other things than writing here. Will try to get out of that funk and post my zany ideas and musings.

At any rate, the Canadian dollar is up over USD$0.95 which is apparently a 30 year high. I just like the round numbers. And yeah, I know, I bought my gold at the wrong time, at least for having bought it with CAD$. The price is pretty much the same in terms of USD but the CAD has increased in value in comparison by about 10% since then so the oz I bought for about $800 can be bought for about $720 now. D'oh. I'm long. Real long. haha.

Comments:

I've got the price of oil in my Google home page reminding me each day how close we are to chaos...

I'm really warming up to the idea of buying land - ahem, convincing my dad to buy land for me. :) His investment adviser is advising him to invest his savings into land.. just have to make sure he gets something that I can use.
 
What's odd is that this has been on my mind over the last week or so, thoughts of finding something mostly undeveloped out past the last hydro pole. That'd be cool. Maybe even in Ontario.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?