Friday, November 05, 2010

 
Around the beginning of October I started a project for a captcha bypass system. It was based on this old idea I'd had that you could literally just pay people in 3rd world countries (india, china, etc) to enter captchas on the cheap and then send as much spam posts as you want. It was a neat idea. Too bad it was like 3 years ago and I never did anything about it. Meantime several businesses also thought of this and made money with it. So I had this thing that I made and its a kind of a game where the idea is that I would get people to play it for fun, meanwhile they are really entering captchas that customers of the captcha solving business would have paid to be able to submit to the site.

Anyway I didnt know how to find poeple to pay me to solve captchas. So I thought I need a way to jump start that, so I figured I'll write a gmail signup bot that uses the game system to solve the captcha. That was cool and all right up until I hit the phone verification (never knew about that before lol). Anyway long story short, there are several different ways of getting a PSTN routable phone number for free online and collect voicemails with codes or receive SIP VoiP calls and receive code from it that way, or of course the original way I'd imagined -- use the captcha solving game to also ask people to receive a phone call and enter a code. I did that, and it totally works its just that the numbers can only be used a couple times first, so I needed these other sources of phone numbers. Anyway thats a solved problem now, I can make gmail accounts at the push of a button any time.

Next challenge. I was thinking Reddit but its a big fish to fry, so I put my thoughts towards the chan. 4chan specifically. I thought about a bot that would create and bump a thread. Then I made this bot. Then I tested it. 60 posts in a single megathread later I had a boatload of lulz and decided it was time to write about all this sillyness. (should mention the image that it posted is a self generated AWESOME troll image that changes every time it posts)

Anyway its been a lot of fun. Trying to monetize it. Using linkbucks links in the 4chan posts to link back to the game. "Earned" 24 cents so far that way today. LOL. What a joke I know right? Well thats just from me trying to keep a frontpage post on the chan with 8 to 12 threads running and relaying captchas and 0 to 1 other "players" in the game besides lonely old me.

So yeah once again, money. I'm having a lot of fun writing this lulzcode. I need to make it make money because I sooooo do not want to work for someone else again.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?