Monday, November 22, 2010

 

Samsung r351 link usb connectivity windows 7

Ok this is how _I_ got the damn samsung r351 link sch-r351 whatever phone to talk to my pc on windows 7. I tried a bunch of stuff and searched around for a long time and got some leads. I ended up downloading and installing the New PC Studio (note the New in the name, this is something Newer than regular PC Studio I guess lol.). Anyway the install did a bunch of stuff then kind of blew up and failed but the files it left in the Program Files directory there was a folder called USB Drivers. I went into device manager and found the yellow busted driver icon for the phone and clicked update driver on it, then i pointed it to the USB driver folder from the failed New PC Studio isntall. Well bam it actually worked and installed a driver. But then there were 2 more yellow icons that appeared. No problem. do update driver on each of them and point to the same directory. So you end up with 3 devices. But after doing this BitPim BLOODY FOUND THE GODDAMNED PHONE!!! WHEEE LOL. Then I was finally able to follow the instructions on the link below

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1648597-Samsung-Link-r351-%28Virgin%29

to punch the "Allow this time" blah blah network access requests on apps in the face. And hopefully more coolness is also possible :) Anyway I just tested google maps and it hasnt said a peep since I told it to never ask me again :D :D XDXDXD!!!!

Cheers i'm gonna play with mobile street view and apps from that m.getjar.com site

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?