Saturday, January 22, 2011

 

Relaxation

Today I decided that when I was craving a certain daily crutch that usually arises around 11am I would meditate or elicit the relaxation response, whatever you want to call it, instead. I had just read another positive article on the practice about some study where the subjects who meditated all had observable changes in their brain structure after some period of time where the control group completely did not. So anyway I decided I'd give it a whirl as that would surely be more positive and productive that what I usually might do.

Everything went better than expected.

I started off as usual just calming self and closed eyes sitting on the couch relaxed and concentrating on breathing and then started to do the whole body awareness thing starting at the toes and going up. Well before I even got to my head i started feeling really relaxed and having weird rapid eye movement stuff that seemed pretty involuntary but I tried not to dwell on it, and just keep self cleared. I pulled myself out of it shortly after that to see how I would feel after just a short time of it and well, it really seemed to help, more than I would have expected.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?